The Rainbow Games
The Golden Mile
If you would like to continue with the Golden Mile at home, this website has virtual running options.
The Body Coach (Joe Wicks) 5 minute Kids Workout 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3LPrhI0v-w
The Body Coach (Joe Wicks) 5 minute Kids Workout 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbFqQarDM50
The Body Coach (Joe Wicks) 5 minute Kids Workout 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnKCGY9ZocA
Ten family-friendly activities for moving together in your living room, garden or local park. https://www.activekidsdobetter.co.uk/active-home?source=DEUK_freeresources
10 minute shake up activities https://www.nhs.uk/10-minute-shake-up/shake-ups/mauis-shapeshifting-statues
Get Set Tokyo Active resources https://www.getset.co.uk/travel-to-tokyo/ttt-parent-resources
Super movers https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers
- Check out our live sessions with Andy Instone (Urban Strides Founder and Young Voices Creative Director). Andy will be going live every Wednesday at 10am on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/urbanstridesdance/ and Instagram, plus the recordings will be available on our youtube channel under the “Live playlist” here https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSlM0X0knG3mF-eZgc37t_JQ3gfaULc8A . Each week Andy will be looking into key tips for staying upbeat, resilient & maintaining a positive state of mental health in these turbulent times, as well as doing some fun funky dances that all the family can enjoy no matter their age or ability! Each Live will be packed with info and practical tips to use at home.
- Here at Urban Strides we are passionate about Street Dance (obviously!) but we are also passionate about teaching qualities to our students such as resilience and positivity. We have been asked by many schools to produce something more impactful for what students and parents need now. Children are isolated at home and parents are trying to keep them motivated and engaged but there is a lack of interactive resources for mental health and resilience. So, with this in mind, we have developed a new programme called RESILIENT MOVERS.
Resilient Movers is a BRAND NEW, engaging and exciting online programme featuring “live” sessions with our Urban Strides instructors as well as weekly tutorials led by our creative Director Andy Instone on our accredited Street Dance syllabus as well as mental health and resilience techniques. If you want to find out more click here
Our current online teaching has proved its importance in connecting communities at a time when physical contact is no longer possible so we want to extend it to more people to help them. This programme is for the entire school community: students, teachers, parents and siblings.
Resilient movers will enjoy;
- Reduced stress, anxiety and fear
- Positive impact on mood
- Improved self esteem
- Embedding positive habits and routine at home
- Learning a new skill with street credibility
- Opportunity to see their friends from school
- Live interaction with an Urban Strides instructor